Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Stippled Blossoms Take II

Happy Wednesday!

Yes!  It IS a happy Wednesday!  Everyone is healthy, (relatively) happy and where they should be (i.e. work or school!!!)  On top of THAT ... I have NOTHING written on the calendar for today - woo hoo!  It's great being ME today!!!  What to do ... what to do ... Oh!  I know!  I should send out the RETIRING PRODUCT LIST ... it comes out today ... guess I should get on that!  Then I suppose I should do my usual chores and maybe make Rebecca's birthday card and wrap a few presents a day BEFORE her birthday rather than on the morning OF her birthday *lol*. 

Yesterday turned out pretty well.  Alicia woke up 95% better ... but I let her stay home anyway.  I woke her up 10 minutes before we had to leave to take Rebecca to school ... and I didn't want to rush her ... and she hadn't eaten anything yesterday so home she stayed.  Grandma came to the rescue so I could go to my SU meeting (ooooo, being on the Team Stampin' Up! Canada is going to be awesome!!!!).

So I went down to the craft room  to work on my Club Treats for April when I spied this card ... I totally forgot about it as it hit the "reject" pile for my SAS on Sunday.  Although it didn't make "the list" for the SAS it is still a pretty card ... here she is:
This was my first attempt with the Stippled Blossom set.  I figured I'd try it using Pink Pirouette and Pretty In Pink since Mother's Day is coming up soon.  In the end it was to froo-froo for my personal liking.  I'm not a "baby pink" kinda gal ... and I KNOW my mom isn't ... so that's when I went back to Debi Pippin's color combo of Crumb Cake and Chocolate Chip.  See my original Stippled Blossom post 2 days ago for the deets on the card ... but it's pretty straight forward.  I didn't use an embossed background for the pink version ... and I used the sentiment from "Wonderful Mother" (page 26 of the catty - $10.95 clear; $14.95 wood) - punched it out with the Large Oval punch and matted it with the Scallop Oval punch (both page 184 of the catty; $21.95 and $22.95 respectively) and popped them up with a dimensional.  I added Bitty Butterflies (mini page 1 - $21.95) and rhinestones (page 175 - $6.50)  Wa-low!  A pretty "girlie" card ... just not for THIS girlie :)

I have been working on THE BEST baby card EVER in the history of baby cards.  I can take NO credit for it as it is a total CASE (I seem to be doing that a LOT lately ... but seriously - there is no shame in it!!  The original creator of CASEd cards is flattered that their creation has been CASEd ... this card is just too awesome NOT to case.  (Sorry it's late, Helen ... it's taken a while to make ... but well worth the wait!).  Of course I can't share it with you until I give it to my newest Momma (Helen's 5th beautiful little bundle! ... she's my hero and deserves this card for SURE!) ... so I'll try to get it in the mail tomorrow so I can share it with you all.  It truly is amazing!  Until then ... have a stampy day!

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment