Sunday, April 21, 2013

Punched Circles CASE

Happy Sunday!

Just a quick one today, as my Stamp-a-Stack starts in a few hours!

Yes ... I have another CASE for you.  I gotta say ... my creative juices were lacking over the last few weeks (if you read my previous posts you can understand why!) so ... to Pinterest and Stampin' Connection I went!  I spend at least half an hour every morning, over my coffee, snooping through these two great resources and save cards I like for times like these when I need a great card but lack the time or energy to create it from scratch.  This week it was Catherine Pooler to the rescue!  She has a great site at catherinepooler.com with lots of videos and inspiration.  Here is the card I CASEd from her site:
I'm not sure what drew me to this card originally - the paper or the clean and simple design.  Regardless, I loved it and tried to recreate it.  I found out the paper is from the Festival of Prints Paper Pack that was in the holiday mini and is thus now retired so I simply grabbed my CURRENT paper pack - Print Poetry DSP - page 16 of the mini - $8.50 - and was spoiled for DSP choice!  This was my first attempt:
I really liked how it turned out ... and that if you flipped the colors over you had a great masculine card ... but I really wasn't in a "very vanilla" kind of mood.  I wanted Whisper White ... but the DSP uses vanilla ... and it didn't really "go" ... so I grabbed my current favorite "bright and perky" DSP - Polka Dot Parade and made this:
Much better! ... well, for today's mood, anyway!  I like that this card can be used for any age and either gender (well, maybe skip the rhinestones if you are giving it to a man!)  I sued the 1 3/4", 1 3/8", 1" and 3/4" circle punches with the Polka Dot Parade DSP.  The sentiment is from Curly Cute (pgae 138 - $17.95 clear; $24.95 wood) in Early Espresso.  I rounded the corners with the corner rounder punch (page 183 - $8.95) and popped it up on dimensionals.  I also rounded the corners on the top card stock layer and added dimensionals to that.  A large rhinestone and some regular rhinestones finished it off.  (On the Very Vanilla card above I used the large pearl and regular pearls - everything else was the same).

So that's my share for today.  Pop in tomorrow when I'll share a card that wasn't 100% CASEd ... but pretty close *lol*.  Hey!  A great card is a great card!  You don't always have to reinvent the wheel!  Until tomorrow ... have a stampy day!

Tam


No comments:

Post a Comment