Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Fine Feather Take II

Happy Tuesday!

Anyone else thrilled to be on the other side of Spring Break and eager to get back into some sort of routine?  While it was great having the kids home last week (they didn't drive me NEARLY as crazy as they usually do *lol*) I crave structure and focus to my days.  First up ... get back to some healthy eating and excercising!!!  Last week I was REALLY out of control and was actually looking FORWARD to "dieting".  I say "dieting" but I'm NOT calling it that!  I am SO sick of the roller coaster I have been on for the last 10 years!  I just want to treat my body with a little more respect and yes, shift a few pounds.  I'm fairly comfortable with the skin I'm in (although my bra is a little snug this month *lol*) but from a health perspective I'm pathetic!  This time of year always spurs me on to get more excercise and eat better.  WE are all coming out of hybernation and with the longer days I get up early and stay up earlier which means I have no more "lack of time" excuses to fall back on.  Last week I had decided I was going to go on "that crazy diet" that I was on a few years back ... "just for ONE month".  I DID lose 30 pounds by following one of those high protein, low carb, no sugar, no fruit whacky diets ... but as soon as I came off their plan I not-so-slowly gained it all back.  I recently found a piece of paper I had been keeping over the years with my weight and measurements on it.  I was shocked to see that I have been "at this" since 2006 ... and you know what?  I weigh EXACTLY the same as I did back then!  So for the last 7 years I've been gaining and losing weight ... and I'm no better off!  So I slapped myself a few times and told myself "if you can restrict yourself to such a crazy diet then you can restrict yourself WITHOUT paying $80 per week to do it".  I just need to commit ... and be accountable.  So ... since I still have my Weight Watchers On-Line subscription active (that I joined back in January" I'm committing to STICKING TO THE FLIPPIN' PROGRAM for 30 days.  I am also committing to EXCERCISING for at LEAST 17 minutes EVERY day for those 30 days.  Period.  There.  I "put it out there".   I'm printing off a 30 day calendar and I WILL do this ... starting tomorrow *lol* ... oh come on ... I can't be expected to start today ... with all those yummy leftovers and chocolates everywhere I look, can I???  Tomorrow.  Tomorrow I start.  No excuses.  And YOU are going to be my health-police.  I will post my progress every week ... just so I'm accountable to someone!

Wow.  OK.  I actually just popped in to post a card ... *lol* ... thanks for always coming back to check in on my "crazy"!

On to that project!

Sunday I carved out about half an hour to a) clean up the chaos post-Rebecca-crafting and b) to have a kick at that Fine Feather card I mentioned yesterday.  It only took about 15 minutes for me to come up with what I was looking for.  Here it is:
Ta-da!  Like it?  I do!  It's a little different than what I pictured but really follows the layout I used for my By The Tide Card (rmember this one?):
I thought the long feather would work nicely where the scrip is on the Tide card ... but it didn't work.  I like the slight variation.  For the Feather card I used Black Staz-on ink, Whisper White and Basic Black card stock.  Doesn't get any simpler than that!  The sentiment is from Best Day Ever - page 27 - $17.95 clear; $22.95 wood.  I've been using this set a lot lately - the sentiments are a great font for masculine cards.  Again, the Fine Feathers set is in the catty - page79 - $15.95 clear; $20.95.  It's maybe not one you would gravitate to right away but it is one to consider!

Now - speaking of "Best Dad Ever" ... my next two card are for the guys.  I made them both for a "dad" but obviously the tsentiment can be changed to suit your needs.  Pop in tomorrow to check on the first one.  Until then - have a stampy day!

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment